Naturally dyed 100% wool berets released in small batches because they take 4-6 days to make. Made by slow textile artist & natural dyer Maggie Pate. This mossy green color is dyed with onion peels!
PLEASE NOTE: Naturally Dyed items are LIVING COLOR - they can display variation in hue and spots & saturations in color in one piece. It is a testament to natural dyeing and the handmade narrative.
Sizing: These berets are size small but can be steamed and stretched for a larger custom fit. Steaming is a popular method for stretching a hat since it's an effective way to loosen natural fibers like felted wool.
- Heat up the tea kettle or pot of water until the water begins to boil.
- Hold the hat with tongs to avoid burning yourself. Next, angle the hat so that the interior is about six inches away from the steam of the kettle or pot. Hold for one minute, ensuring enough steam reaches the hat’s inside band as well.
- Remove the hat from the heat for 30 seconds. Repeat this process at least four times.
- Turn on the hairdryer to its highest setting. Hold the hat and blow-dry inside the crown until the material is mostly dry.
- Once it's mildly damp, wear the hat and let it air dry to stretch into the right size for your head.